Belongings Hold Memories - Make Sure They’re Safe

If you rent an apartment, house, condo, or even a dorm room, you may not think you need insurance. But in the event that fire, theft, or vandalism damages your property, it’s unlikely that your landlord will pay to replace your belongings.

At Amana Insurance Agency, we know that you’ve most likely invested a lot of time and money into your personal property, and it’s up to you to take care of it. Having a renters insurance, or tenants insurance, policy can pay for the cost of replacing your belongings if they are damaged due to a covered accident or if they’re stolen.

Depending on your policy, your insurance will pay to replace items using one of two methods: Actual Cash Value (ACV) or Replacement Cost. With ACV coverage, your belongings are insured only for the amount in which they are currently worth, while Replacement Cost will pay for the expense of replacing the items with brand new ones.

Additional Options for Renters Insurance

Also included in your renters insurance is Liability Coverage to safeguard yourself from injury claims that occur in your home. If someone gets hurt on your property, your insurance can pay the related medical payments and expenses, and provide for the cost of legal support if you are sued.

In the event that a fire or other damage makes your residence uninhabitable and places you in a “loss of use” situation, your renters insurance may temporarily reimburse you for the cost of another residence in which to live.

Representatives from Amana Insurance Agency are committed to working with you to design a policy that ensures you get the options you want at a price you can afford. We provide renters insurance for residents of Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and all of the Eastern Iowa Corridor.

Request a Quote

Let us show you the importance that an agency can make in providing you the right coverage at the right price.